- Sacramento Pride: The Sacramento Pride Festival will be held Saturday, June 19, from 10 am to 5 pm. From the Capitol dome and gardens to the Tower Bridge, Capitol Mall will be bursting with Pride! Meet up downtown from the Sacramento Pride Parade steps 10 am sharp, then head over to the Capitol Mall for live entertainment, exhibitors and food.
- The Midtown Bazaar: June 19 7am-1pm. Grab your friends and visit local vendors, artists, service providers, musicians, and eateries at the Midtown Bazaar. It’s open to the public and runs each Saturday throughout the year, rain or shine.
- Drive Fast, Take Chances: Birth of the Hot Rod This exhibit, sponsored by So-Cal Speed Shop in Sacramento, explores the emergence of American hot rod culture during and after WWII. $8 for adults, $7 for seniors, $4 for students, free for Auto Museum members and children under 5. Being held at the California Automobile Museum, 2200 Front St., Sacramento, CA 95818
- Sacramento Mid-Century Modern Home Tour: June 26 10-4pm $20/person. This is an opportunity to discover what it’s like to live, work and play in more than 15 quintessentially Californian residential and commercial structures built between 1945 and 1970. More details here.
- 6pm June 17th A new gluten free friendly website, GlutenFreeGluttons is launching and having a meeting at Pica Pica Maize Kitchen, 401 Valencia Street in San Francisco
- In this age of technology, exercise or relax after a long day and listen to some gluten free podcasts: GFree TV (video product reviews) and Gluten Free Fitness (audio tips about staying healthy and fit on a gluten free diet. Plus educational, interactive conferences on the internet. Listen to Shelly Case, RD a leading international nutrition expert on celiac disease, on June 22nd and Daniel Leffler, MD, MS, Instructor in Medicine, HMS, and Division of Gastroenterology at BIDMC, on July 13th at 8:30pm EST. The webinar is free and requires a sign up to participate. More information can be found here.
The following classes are held at:
Gluten Free Specialty Market
2612 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95816
- June 17th- Eat to Thrive, Not to Survive has been canceled.
- June 24th - Eat to Thrive, Not to Survive with dietitian Meghan O'hara 5:30p to 6p meet and greet, 6 to 7p class time $10. This class is suitable for gluten-free beginners and experts alike, but it will not focus on the basics of gluten-free. If you missed our gluten free for beginners class, please email us to let us know that you would like to see this class available again and we will add you to the next class waiting list. Send your email to email@example.com with subject line: gf beginners class.
- June 23rd - Setting up a Gluten Free Pantry with Joanne Mitchell - A great class for beginners, family members and friends of individuals on a strict gluten-free diet. Class time 6:15pm. Cost $10.
- July 1st - Vegetarian Living: Becoming Vegetarian / Treating Yourself to Good Food - with cooking expert, Mary Mieth. Mary has been cooking and teaching cooking classes both locally and internationally for many years. If you are a vegetarian, or just interested in new recipes and ideas, this is a class you shouldn't miss. Check out more information about Mary on her website. Class time 6:15pm. Cost $15
- July 14th - Cooking Gluten Free Grains with Joanne Mitchell - More information to be announced soon. Class time 6:15pm. Cost $10
- July 15th - Gluten Free for Beginners with Dietican Meghan O'Hara- This class has been requested by many individuals. Don't miss out on this NEW monthly class. 5:30p to 6p meet and greet, 6 to 7p class time $10.
- July 21st - Cooking Gluten Free Crepes with Joanne Mitchell - More information to be announced soon. Class time 6:15pm. Cost $10
- July 22nd - Living Vegan and Loving It: Living Happily without Wheat or Dairy - with cooking expert, Mary Mieth. Mary has been cooking and teaching cooking classes both locally and internationally for many years. If you are a vegetarian, or just interested in new recipes and ideas, this is a class you shouldn't miss. Check out more information about Mary on her website. Class time 6:15pm. Cost $15
- July 28th- Skin Care & Health with Gina Cornacchioli, owner of Alternative Skin Care & Day Spa. Class time 7:00pm. Cost $10.